Having a pool is great. It makes for a great place for your kids to play and to entertain friends and family. Your home may quickly become the hot place to hang out during the summer after you install a pool. It certainly can feel like you have a bit of a resort in your back yard. If you have a pool, you need a deck for it. There are a lot of great options for an above ground pool deck.
Above Ground Pool Deck Ideas:
- Wood: This is the most popular material for all pool decks. One of the biggest reasons is that you are only limited by your imagination in terms of what you can build for your above ground pool deck. Wood decks are very affordable. The cost will vary based on what kind of desk you design.If you decide you want to make your deck out of wood, remember to factor in the costs associated with maintaining your deck. You should absolutely have it treated. These decks still will need a decent amount of work to keep them safe from the elements and water fro the pool. The vast majority of above ground pool decks are made from wood because of how many different kinds of looks you can create. Remember, there are different options for wood. You can pick between cedar, pressure treated pine and redwood. All make beautiful decks.
- Recycled Plastic. If you want the look of wood but not the feel (splinters are never fun), some companies are now making decks out of recycled plastic. This is made to look like wood but is more durable and you are doing the planet a favor by reusing plastic.
- Stone: These decks are very durable and can be very classic looking. Stone is one of the most expensive materials for above ground pool decks but the cost may be worth it. Not only do they look great, they last a long time. You do not need to worry about wear and tear from foot traffic. Travertine, a limestone that is made from hit mineral springs, is a very popular stone material. It is a popular option for decks, floors and other surfaces around the house. Stone decks can make a real impression.
- Aluminum: This is not as common a material for above ground pool decks but has the advantage of being very durable, they last longer than most other deck materials. They are very easy to put in and comfortable to stand on as the carpet they are often lined with feels great on the bottoms of swimmers’ feet.
- Composite decks. Some people consider these to be the best option for many reasons. You can combine stone and wood for these versatile decks. While wood is popular because it is versatile, nothing beats composite decks for the range of styles that can be made by combing wood and stone.
- Resin. People like this material for their above ground pool decks because it will not deteriorate during the cold, winter months. They come in a number of different shapes, which are often more interesting and unique than their aluminum counterparts. If you work with the company, you can probably find a specialized design to meet your needs and style. Because they are remade, installation is very quick. and painless.
Like any other part of your landscaping and home’s exterior, above ground pool decks should compliment your home. They are a direct reflection of your style and personality. They can really add value to your home. When you are looking at materials for your deck, look at a variety of patio design options. Most of all, have fun with your deck. You can really bring a fun element to your home design and this will benefit you should you decide to sell your house. Adding a deck, even without a pool, to your home can give you a return on investment of more than 70%. So not only can you have fund designing and using your pool deck but it is a solid investment.