Swimming pools are very popular in the United States. It has been estimated, by the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP) that there are about 104 million residential pools and 309,000 public swimming pools located all over the country. They add a lot of value to a home. If you own a pool and are looking to have a pool resurfacing job done, you may not know the best way to get a good pool service. Here are some tips to get the right one.
- Do you have friends with pools? Ask them! The best way to get the best goods and services is to get a personal recommendation. Talk to your friends, family and neighbors. Ask who they used for their pools or hot tubs, how they found them, what they thought of the experience of working with them and what the pricing was like. This can give you a jumping off point to find the right company to do your pool resurfacing.
- Make sure they have the appropriate license. At the very least , they need a business license. Find out what is required by your state and city. Ask the company if they have what they need but verify whatever they tell you. There are a decent number of unscrupulous companies out there who will claim to have licenses that they do not really have. You should not let anyone work on your property unless you have verified that they have the correct licenses to do the work.
- Verify they have insurance. At the very least they need to have the right liability insurance. You may not think that much can go wrong doing a pool resurfacing but if anyone is injured on your property while they are completing your job, you may be legally responsible if they do not have the appropriate level of liability insurance. If the company damages anything while working on your pool resurfacing job, you will be thankful that you checked on their liability insurance coverage that will save you a lot of money. Make sure you verify whatever they tell you.
- Do they take the time to answer all of your questions? How quickly do they answer the phone? How quickly do they return your calls? Did they do a site survey to check out your pool? How did that go? Most companies bend backwards when they are trying to sign a new contract. If they are not super responsive during this part of the process, you should go someplace else. A company that is not going to take the time to talk to you and answer your questions before they hire you sure is not going to take the time after.
- How professional are they? When you hire someone to work on your pool, they are going to be working at your home. You want to know that they are total professionals who are doing your pool resurfacing. This does not mean they will be wearing a business suit but that they will have the correct paperwork and that they speak to you in a professional manner.
- Ask how long they have been working in the business. While a new company may be great at working on pools, you will go into the job with a greater peace of mind knowing that the company has experience doing this.
- Get several estimates. You want to get several estimates in writing. It is easier to compare and contrast different quotes when you have them in writing. Be careful to not just jump at the lowest estimate. Sometimes companies will low ball prospective clients and then the final cost is a lot more than the estimate. By the same token, it is not always wise to go with the most expensive. Price should be a factor but not the only factor in your decision.
- Ask for references. Any reputable pool service company will be ok giving you some references that you can check. Make sure you follow through with this step. You can learn a lot about a company by talking to the customers who have worked with them.
There are over a million private pools in the United States. If you’re one of these pool owners, you might need pool repair services. For some, you may have moved into a house with a pool that needs repairs or your pool may have an issue that needs attention. Either way, local pool care is available for you to take advantage of. A pool cleaning and repair service near you does it all. They can repair almost any problem with your pool and keep it fresh and clean with regular pool cleaning services. Local swimming pool cleaners are a great way to maintain your pool when you have a busy schedule. Just like other systems on your property, your pool needs regular pool cleaning and repair. For pool repairs and maintenance, ask your friends and family for a recommendation or contact local pool cleaning and repair companies in your area for estimates. During the hottest months of the year, you want your pool sparkling clean and working properly. Regular maintenance is the key to enjoying your pool all summer long.