Dealing with leaking roof repairs can be both time consuming and expensive. When you ignore the repairs that need to be made, however, you will face even bigger problems. Fortunately, both residential and commercial roofing companies offer a number of services that can help you get the repairs that you need, or even the installation of a new roof.
Finding the right roofing services after you have had a major weather event, however, can be a challenge. Even when out of town contractors come into town, many of them get scheduled so full you may need to wait weeks, if not months, to get an appointment for the work that you need to have done.
When you have to wait too long it is important to make sure that you are doing everything you can to avoid more damage, which will lead to need for even more expensive and extensive leaking roof repairs.
Is Your Home in Need of Roof Repair?
When you are a home owner it is important to make sure that you address all of the most important issues as soon as they happen. From gutter work to siding replacement to roof repair, there are many tasks that can help you maintain the value of your property. Both residential and commercial contractors can help you solve the problems that you have and offer a way for you to make sure that your home is worth more, not less.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the impact that roofing and other contractors have on the value of homes and the impact of the economy:
- While roofs have an average lifespan of only 20 years, although most buildings are designed to last at least 50 years. This means that in the history of a building it is possible that you might need even more than two new roofs.
- 93% of all water damage can be prevented by proactively repairing roofs, rain gutters, and windows.
- Home owners indicate that they are most likely to repair roofs following weather damage; in fact, as many as 65% said in a consumer survey that weather damage it was their main motivation for making roof repairs.
- A mere inch of rainfall can pour nearly 1500 gallons of water onto a roof.
- Roofs over 20 years old and lower-quality roofs have a greater likelihood of suffering damage from harsh winter weather.
- 40% of all building-related problems are due to water intrusion.
If you want to make sure that you avoid the need for future leaking roof repairs, it is important to make sure that you proactively take care of any required manufacturer maintenance, as well as quickly deal with any damage that occurs caused by weather.