A recent article in The New York Times talked about America’s obsession with air conditioning. In a time when as many as 90% of Americans live in a home that is at least partially air conditioned, in fact, it would appear that most of us cannot even imagine living without the cooling comfort that so many of us take for granted.
We take it for granted, of course, right until that air conditioning is not working on the hottest day of the summer. It is at this time when we rely on the advice and benefits of hiring an HVAc specialist to find the best and most affordable solution.
Air Conditioning Repair Provides a Way to Make Sure That You Are Comfortable on the Hottest Days of the Year
Heating and AC repair services provide important solutions for families and businesses when they are needed the most. When your air conditioner quits working on Fourth of July weekend of your furnace conks out the week between Christmas and New Year, for instance, you need to make sure that you can get the help that you need. The benefits of hiring an HVAC specialist, or a furnace specialist if that is needed, it is important to make sure that you know you are working with the most reliable professionals who will stand behind the work that they perform and the equipment that they provide.
Consider some fo these other facts and figures about the hearing and cooling industries and the impact that they have on the comfort of individuals and the economy of the nation:
- To keep an AC unit working the most efficiently, the air filters should be changed every one to three months.
- For every two degrees a thermostat is lowered, a home owner can save approximately 5% on heating costs.
- The latest research indicates that air conditioning units typically last between 10 and 15 years.
- Improper installation of a heating and cooling system can reduce efficiency by as much as 30%, so it is important to make sure that you are working with a reputation of providing the best services and standing behind the equipment that they install.
- Properly sealing and insulating ducts can improve the efficiency of a home’s heating and cooling system by as much as 20%.
Few people can deny that as Americans we are dependent on the cooling systems in our homes. And while we may start a few mornings in the summer thinking that we can get by with just having the windows open, the reality is that most of us live our entire summers dependent on the artificial cooling that is provided by the latest temperature control technology. In fact, the benefits of hiring an HVAC specialist for regular service calls means that you can stay comfortable even on the hottest day of the year.