If you are considering remodeling or renovating your home, you are in good company. New research shows that about two-thirds of all American homeowners plan to do some sort of work on their home within the next 12 months. One area that usually brings an 84% return on investment (ROI) is the bathroom. If you have small bathrooms, you may be looking for good ideas for small bathroom makeovers. There are a number of things you can do to make that small bathroom look larger. Here are a few:
- Consider a corner sink. This can increase the amount of space you have in your bathroom and make it easier to move around once inside. Even smaller vanities and sinks can make it hard to maneuver around a small space. One tip from many local bathroom remodeling contractors is to put in a sink in the corner of the room. This can make the area feel larger because there is more usable space.
- If you do not want a corner sink, consider floating your vanity. Not only will you get some extra room for your items but this has the effect of making the room look larger than it is.
- Install a rounded vanity. If you have a really small bathroom space, you may not want a lot of sharp edges and corners. One way to make the room look larger and is a great help for small bathroom makeovers is the curved vanity.
- Do not install a shower door and use a shower curtain instead. When it comes to small bathroom makeovers, this is a common tip. Many bathroom remodeling contractors say this is an easy way to open up a bathroom because when you open the curtain, the space looks larger than when you have a shower door installed and closed.
- Put in a partial glass wall. If you do not like shower curtains, you do have options. A glass panel that covers part of the shower and tub. This can prevent the water from your shower from taking over the bathroom but will provide more room to move around when you are in the shower and will make the entire space seem larger when you are not.
- Add counter space above the back of your toilet. This can be done simply and without a lot of work or trouble. You can use wood or stone to create space in this otherwise unused area. This can be a great spot for items you need in the bathroom but otherwise have no room for.
- Consider larger patterns. When you are working on your home bathroom remodel and are thinking about small bathroom makeovers, one trick is to use a bigger pattern to make the room appear larger than it is. These patterns help trick the eye into seeing more space than you have. When you are looking at colors for teh walls and patterns, look at vibrant and bold colors.
- Put in a larger mirror. Mirrors have the ability to make any room look larger than it is. When it comes to good small bathroom makeovers, this is one of the easiest and most effective tips. You do not need the mirror to only hang over the vanity, if you have it cover more of the wall, it will bring depth and space to your bathroom.
- Use the back of the door for your towel rack. When you have a small bathroom, it is important to use all of your available space. Putting your towel rack on the door rather than on a wall will save you some space. If you need more than one towel rack, you can also place it on the shower door or on the wall across from your shower head.
Having a small bathroom does not mean it has to look small. This is an important room in your home and should be comforting, not stressful to enter. These tips for small bathroom makeovers can give your room the appearance that it is bigger than it actually is. Another piece of good news about these tips is they are not expensive to implement.