Pest control services are probably some of the most important homeowner management services available today, making sure that your house is friendly and clean. Pest management may not be the most glamorous topic in the world, but it’s definitely important to understand why insect infestation is such a serious problem.
Here are just a few facts from pest control experts that you probably never knew before!
- Termite damage is very common in homes today, even considering the fact that many homes are made with more composite materials than with wood. Still, termites can cause a lot of harm to the structure of a home. It’s estimated that around 600,000 homeowners in the U.S. deal with termite damage each year.
- It sure isn’t cheap to treat damage caused by termites, either. The collective costs of treating this damage is around $5 billion annually just in the U.S.
- Cockroaches are, of course, another common pest control problem and they always seem to be a bit more prevalent in big cities. One of the biggest issues with cockroaches is that they can spread germs and bacteria over a huge space in a very short time, despite not being able to fly. The average cockroach can actually run about three miles in one hour.
- Bed bugs are another major problem for homeowners, and these pests can be even more of a hassle to get rid of than termites! The majority of pest control experts state that bed bugs are the most difficult insects to clear away, and a lot of this is because they can survive under extreme conditions.
- Last but not least, it’s important to mention the problem of rodents. Rodents are also pretty difficult to eradicate and they can be even more dangerous than insects. These animals can spread fleas, ticks, and other harmful insects and bacteria; these insects, in turn, can carry infectious diseases that put humans and pets at risk.
One thing is for certain: you never want to be dealing with a pest control problem on your own!