In a time when the night sky is lit up with fireworks for Independence Day and other summer celebrations, it is important to also remember the need for the best and most efficient lighting inside. With the use of maize LEDS, induction lamps, and lights/solar-led-parking-lot-light-fixtures-all-in-one/40-watt-all-in-one-solar-led-parking-lot-area-street-light-lar40.html” Title=”more”>low bay lighting fixtures, there are many ways to make sure that every space is functioning at its best. From homes to businesses to greenhouses, there are many locations that require the right lighting options.
One of the biggest needs in some parts of the country is greenhouse lighting. With a constantly growing need for companies and individuals that are joining the medical and recreational marijuana industry, the need for specific kinds of grow lights is essential.
With the use of maize LEDS and other kinds of specialized lighting, many entrepreneurs are finding a way to take control of their future and enter this quickly expanding business opportunity. In addition to making sure that new growers have the lighting that they need, there are also many other spaces that are benefitting from new lighting options. Directional and vacancy lighting options in airport parking garages, for instance, can make parking easier and more effective.
Consider some of these options about the lighting industry, the impact that it has on the nation’s economy, and the increased efficiency that is being offered:
- Approximately 22% of all electricity generated in the U.S. is used for lighting, according to Department of Energy statistics.
- The U.S. Department of Energy believes that LED lighting has the potential to reduce U.S. energy usage by as much as 50%.
- Providing up to 85% more light output, LEDs use only 15% of the energy a standard halogen light uses.
- The life expectancy of an LED tube is roughly 50,000 hours. In comparison, the average life expectancy of a fluorescent bulb and ballast is about 20,000 hours.
- The law requires parking garage lighting to be on 24 hours a day in many areas.
- Lighting accounts for about 18% in commercial buildings and 11% of energy use in residential buildings.
Whether you are looking for a way to make sure that your space looks its best and is the most effective, it is important to make sure that you have the right kind of lighting installed.